Terms & Conditions
LeeLow Learning Terms and Conditions
For the purpose of these Terms, ‘LeeLow Learning’, ‘we’ and ‘the company’ will refer to LeeLow Learning.
LeeLow Learning exists as an intermediary to facilitate private tuition arrangements and works on behalf of both the providers and recipients of this tuition.
In order to differentiate between LeeLow Learning’s clients for the purposes of these terms and to clarify the expectations attached to each:
‘The Tutor/Teacher’ will refer to the provider of teaching, mentor-ship or consultation in any arrangement.
‘The Student/Child/Client’ will refer to the recipient of tuition and/or to the person or organisation responsible for payment of the Tutor’s invoices.
Communication is the key to success on any revision course. 1.1 Once a student arrives at a centre, it is vital that dialogue be maintained at all times and especially so early on, so that your course tutor are able to address any concerns you might have as quickly as possible.
Showing respect towards fellow students and towards staff is a must on all our courses, as we aim to deliver ideal working conditions for all concerned, so that learning is as effective and enjoyable as possible.
2.1 A student may be asked to leave a course by the tutor should a student's conduct be deemed unsatisfactory and the Tutor’s decision is final.
2.2 The tutor will be in direct contact with the parent/guardian of the student immediately after the incident if on a 1-2-1 basis or after that session has finished if in group lesson.
2.3 The tutor will write a statement of incident and email it directly to LeeLow Learning so it can be followed up by management and logged on our records.
2.4 If a student is asked to leave a session it us up to the tutor if they wish to continue future sessions.
2.5 If a student is asked to leave a session no money will be refunded.
Loss or Damage
3.1 The company will accept no responsibility for the loss or damage of students' property, unless this is caused directly as a result of negligence on the part of the representatives of the company.
Please let us know should you not wish photos or video to be used of your child attending the courses for publicity purposes and if you should not wish to receive any further promotional material sent by the company. If we don’t hear from you when registering we will take that as consent.
Cancellations for revision sessions
Face to face sessions:
5.1 In the event you should need to cancel your place at a revision session, a full refund will be given if:
a) it is cancelled within seven days of initial booking
b) the course isn’t taking place within seven days of booking your place.
5.2 If you cancel outside of these terms you are not eligible for a refund but you may be offered an alternative course.
5.3 If you are ill on the day or a course, a refund will only be granted if a doctors’ note is provided within 24 hours of the course.
5.4 If the course is taking place online there are no refunds at all.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms as may be required, at any time.
6.1 Reasonable efforts will be made to inform both Students and Tutors of any such changes, after which time any continued use of our services will constitute acceptance of these changes.
By completing the registration form and making payment, the client accepts all of our terms and conditions.
8.1 Lessons will start at their scheduled time. If a student is late, the time will not be made up- even with online sessions.
8.2 (private 1-2-1 lessons) Where tutors are travelling to students, students should be ready to start their lesson at the allocated time. However, it should be appreciated that where tutors are travelling to students there may, on occasion be unavoidable delays due to traffic, extended communication with parents etc. Where lessons start after their scheduled time due to tutor lateness, the time will be made up. Student lateness in excess of 15 minutes will result in a cancelled lesson. The lesson fees and travel charges (if applicable) will not be refunded, and there will be no make-up lesson scheduled. Tutor lateness in excess of 15 minutes will be communicated by text message as soon as is reasonably practicable.
Code of Conduct When tuition takes place in the client’s home.
9.1 Students, parents and other residents are requested to refrain from smoking inside the house for the duration of the lesson. Where students are under 18, tuition will only take place where a responsible adult is in the house at all times. If a responsible adult is not home for the full duration of the lesson, the lesson will be terminated or will not start, but the full lesson fee will be payable.
9.2 Where tutors are travelling to students, students and adult members of the household should be fully dressed in daytime clothes on arrival (not pyjamas). It is appreciated that this may not be appropriate or feasible for younger members of the household, in particular where sessions are held after 8pm.
9.3 Where tuition will take place at the clients’ home, space should be provided for tuition where the responsible adult can be accessible at all times. Under no circumstances will tuition take place in a bedroom.
9.4 Students and their parents are to refrain from using inappropriate, disrespectful or aggressive language and/or behaviour during, before or after lessons. Aggressive or threatening behaviour will result in immediate termination of the tuition agreement. Any fees paid for future lessons will be forfeited. The first offence will result in a verbal warning. The second offence will result in a written warning. The third offence will result in automatic withdrawal from lessons with the tutor. In this case, the payment schedule will revert for the case of termination without notice.
Termination of 1-2-1- tuition
10.1 This Agreement may be ended by mutual consent at any time
Billing for 1-2-1 tuition
11.1 Lee Low Learning’s services provided the tutor with the tutee and therefore payment is arranged between the two. LeeLow has no part in payment between tutor and tutee.
12.1 LeeLow Learning accepts no liability for the outcome of any project we administer, or any academic judgement made upon the Student’s work by any educational institution or professional body with which they may be affiliated. Responsibility for the success or failure of their efforts rests ultimately with the Student.
12.2 Acceptance of these Terms constitutes an agreement to indemnify LeeLow Learning, without limit, in respect of any claims arising out of, or relating to, tuition services arranged through our agency.
12.3 Any offer made by LeeLow Learning in the event of dissatisfaction on the part of the student is at the discretion of the company, and does not constitute acceptance of responsibility for the outcome of the project.
In accordance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) laws, which came into effect on 25 May 2018, we have made some changes to our Terms and Conditions. Please read below for more information.
Any reference to ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy refers to the separate and distinct legal entities that make up LeeLow Learning
**Information we collect from you**
We collect information directly from you when you choose to participate in our offers and services, programmes, subscribe, call or email us, or otherwise provide information directly with us. The following are examples of information that we may collect directly from you (for tutors indicated in brackets):
* Name (for tutors)
* Email address (for tutors)
* Postal address (for tutors)
* Telephone number (for tutors)
* Demographic information
* Payment information and bank account details (for tutors)
* Communication preferences
* Education preferences and history (for tutors)
* Qualifications, institutions attended and photograph provided by tutors (for tutors)
**Information Usage and Storage**
* We use the information we collect to inform you about our products, events and services. The following are examples of how we may use the information that we collect:
Create and manage your account
Subscribe you to our newsletter, if your express permission was granted
Send you emails with personalised information about us which we think may be of interest to you
Process payment for purchases or services
* We keep in touch with our families with a weekly newsletter campaign which informs subscribers about products and services supplied by LeeLow Learning Tuition. All personal data relating to subscribers is held securely and in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
* Information is not shared with third parties.
* In accordance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, subscribers can unsubscribe at any time through a process detailed at the footer of each email campaign.
* Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy. All requests will be responded to within one month, in accordance with the EU GDPR 2018.
* You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you (as defined in the EU General Protection Data Regulation 2018) upon receipt of a written request. Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
* You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us.
* We retain a record of your personal information. This is done in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service across our group. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
for longer than is necessary.